GEOLOGIC DATA MANAGER
Open Date: January 8, 2018 - Close Date: January 19, 2018
Terralogic is a full service mineral exploration consulting firm. Based from Cranbrook, BC, the company has managed up to 30 exploration programs per year since 2004, predominantly throughout western Canada. www.TerraLogicExploration.com
THE OPPORTUNITY – Full Time
The position of Geologic Data Manager is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly experienced data driven team and help advance ongoing exploration programs conducted by TerraLogic.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, setup and maintenance of data collection / management systems to be utilized in data compilations and field projects of various scale and scope. The position will focus on ensuring the standardized collection of high quality geologic and geochemical data from a wide variety of sources including drillhole data, geologic mapping, geochemical and geophysical surveys, and portable analytics. Other primary duties will include management of sample chain of custody and geochemical assay data, QAQC analysis, GIS analysis, as well as production of figures for reporting purposes. Additionally you will be required to oversee other aspects of the exploration process either in a geologic, or geotechnical capacity both in the office and the field.
Who you are:
You have a background working in mining or mineral exploration and you understand the importance of collecting high quality standardized field data. You are hard working with an attention to detail and a meticulous nature when it comes to the maintenance of very large digital datasets. Furthermore, you have an understanding of what good data should look like and the steps that need to be taken to collect and maintain this data.
- Maintain, and continuously QAQC various geologic, and geochemical databases
- Assist in the compilation of historical datasets. Including digitizing geologic and geochemical data from historic maps, converting various forms of digital data into our database format, and performing quality control on historic datasets.
- Producing various digital deliverables including Maps, Sections, Strip Logs, Graphs, and Tables.
- Oversee sample shipments to analytic laboratories and monitor chain of custody
- Set up and maintain various field computers, mobile devices, networks and satellite systems
- Download and import data from various data loggers such as DGPS, Scintillometers, XRF etc.
- Troubleshooting various issues with computers, networks and other field equipment
Experience and Education:
- Previous experience working in mineral exploration and data management
- Experience with geochemical sample collection
- A degree in Geology or a related field is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Motivated, innovative, detail-oriented and able to multitask and prioritize
- A strong understanding of the importance of data quality
- Experience using the following software packages (the more the better)
- MS Access (or other SQL database) – Mandatory
- ArcGIS – Mandatory
- Geosoft Target
- Understanding of relational databases and their maintenance
- Keen interest in technology pertaining to mineral exploration (e.g. handheld computer systems and portable analyzers
- Geographic Information System knowledge and experience including cartography
- Strong problem-solving skills. Especially related to troubleshooting computers and networks.
- Well organized, committed to quality, results-focused
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Please submit cover letter and resume by January 19th to