GEOLOGIC DATA MANAGER – 2017 Field Season
Open Date: April 11, 2017 - Close Date: April 29, 2017
Terralogic is a full service mineral exploration consulting firm. Based from Cranbrook, BC, the company has managed up to 30 exploration programs per year since 2004, predominantly throughout western Canada.
Terralogic is excited to be seeking a Geologic Data Manager for the 2017 field season to work with our team of geologic and GIS professionals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting and facilitating the collection of a wide variety of geologic and geochemical datasets collected by geologists, geo-technicians and other field crew members. This will involve daily compilation of multiple data sources into a central relational database system, maintenance of digital field collection forms and picklists, field data QAQC procedures, geochemical data import and analysis, and the output of a wide variety of end products such as maps, sections, strip-logs, etc.. Additionally, the successful candidate may be required to assist with common field or camp tasks related to exploration programs. The majority of the work is expected to be camp based, ranging from temporary fly-camps to large permanent camps.
Who you are:
You have a background working in mining or mineral exploration and you understand the importance of collecting high quality standardized field data. You are hard working with an attention to detail and a meticulous nature when it comes to the management of very large digital datasets.
- Import data to databases from various collection devices and perform QAQC routines
- Ensure that field crews are collecting data utilizing established procedures
- Collect and import data from specialized devices such as DGPS, Scintillometers and pXRF
- Produce various geologic and geochemical map products
- Oversee sample shipments to analytic laboratories and monitor chain of custody
- Set up and maintain various field computers, hardware and basic networks
- Troubleshoot various issues with computers, networks and other field equipment
- Conduct field work such as geochemical sampling or miscellaneous camp duties as needed.
Experience and Education:
- Previous experience working in mineral exploration and data management
- Experience with geochemical sample collection
- A degree in Geology or a related field is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excel at working with and understanding relational databases
- Have extensive GIS knowledge and experience including cartography
- Have a keen interest in technology pertaining to mineral exploration including handheld computer systems and portable analyzers.
- Be motivated, detail-oriented and able to multitask and prioritize
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills especially related to troubleshooting computers, digital devices and networks.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Be physically fit and able to traverse in rugged terrain when required
- Be knowledgeable about workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Have experience with various software packages:
- MS Access, or other SQL
based databases – required
- ArcGIS – required
- Geosoft Target
- Downhole explorer
- MS Access, or other SQL
The successful candidate should expect to:
- Work and live in a camp setting for extended periods of time on variable rotations.
- Conduct field work in rugged terrain and adverse weather conditions.
- Travel frequently within western Canada
Please submit cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2017.